3/29/07

The Burial Society


"It was like a church. Only, for money.
It's where bad money came to be redeemed."

1 Star


To tell you the truth I didn't even finish this movie. It was so slow!
It takes so long to reveal the plot, and as a viewer I wasn't really sure what was the truth or fiction. I'm sure the director wanted it to be that way. He tried hard to mimic Memento.

A dark thriller about Sheldon Kasner, an unassuming bank employee at Hebrew National Bank, where no one seems to see how deserving he is of bigger things. So, he attempts to prove his worth by plunging neck-deep into the criminal world of money laundering. Unfortunately, the goons he's consorting with are playing for keeps, so he fakes his own death with the help of The Burial Society.

I got up the part where he's about to really pull it all off. The money, and the death. But I just didn't care about this character enough to keep wasting my time watching it. The music in the movie tries to build some sort of tension, but those feeling should come from the writing, not the score.

Booooo.

Plot summary courtesy of Netflix

0 comments: