3/20/07

The Believer

"How can you say all this when
you're a Jew yourself?"

2 Stars

Yeah, that's right. A Nazi that is Jewish. I looked it up, I guess these folks really do exist.

As interesting as this story sounds the movie itself really falls flat. Ryan Gosling stars in this way before his hunky Notebook fame. That was strange to see, but it shows he does have range. He got the New York Jewish dialect down perfectly. He's lately gotten some acclaim for his performance in Half Nelson, which I'm not sure I'm going to watch yet. So this movie was defiantly a practice run for him dramatically.

Other than him the names were none. There was a Billy Zane appearance, but he doesn't count for me.
As you can imagine, his cover is exposed and he is faced with having to decide between his heritage, and his beliefs. OOOooo... More like, BOOooo. I did give it 2 Stars only because it kept me interested enough to finish it.


0 comments: