5/9/07

The Perfect Storm


"Don't go Bobby, I got a bad feeling."

3.5 Stars

I've had this review on hold for a while, because I don't really have much to say about it. It was good, but again I think it was too hyped on me when it first came out, which is why I waited so long to see it. I was expecting too much.

In October 1991, a confluence of weather conditions combined to form a killer storm in the North Atlantic. Caught in the storm was the sword-fishing boat Andrea Gail and her crew. Magnificent foreshadowing and anticipation fill this true-life drama while minute details of the fishing boats, their gear and the weather are juxtaposed with this sea adventure.

This film was way over scored. The special effects were great on their own, but the music really was overkill. They should have just let the effects stand alone. I think that would have made a more genuinely dramatic story.

Considering all the names that were in it; George Clooney, Mark Wahlberg, Diane Lane, John C. Reilly, William Fichtner, it was kind of "eh". Too bad.

I've really got to start ignoring hype.

Plot summary courtesy of IMDb.com


0 comments: