6/28/07

Reno 911! : Miami

"Sheriff's Department!!"
4 Stars

Anyone who has watched this show has a favorite. Raineesha has always been my girl. The spit curls, the booty, and her trademark "Haa!" just kill me. But whom ever your favorite is you will no doubt get the best of them in Reno 911! Miami and even fall in love with some others too.

Not that this movie needs much of a plot, but they did their best and it's just loose enough to keep it funny.
The Reno Sheriff's Department have been invited to a police convention in Miami.
Due to terrorists poisoning the convention center, all the officers inside are quarantined. A registration snafu prevents the Reno Sheriff's Department from entering the convention center making them the only officers available to patrol all of Miami.
See, just enough plot.

This has got to be one of the best comedic troupes assembled since The Kids in the Hall. Though some of you might remember this cast from the short lived 90s sketch show The State. I've always been so happy to see Thomas Lennon (Dangle) get work in either commercials, or small movies. As well as Kerri Kenney (Weigel) who has had bit parts, and I remember seeing her band Cakelike at the Warfield in the 90s too.
Micheal Ian Black, Ken Marino, Joe Lo Truglio, Micheal Showalter, and the director of
Reno 911! Miami Ben Garant (Junior) have all come from The State.
Puddin' any one? Awwwww yeeeeaah.

To tell you the truth I'm still not done with the disc. The movie was way too short in my opinion, so I'm going through each and every special feature the disc has to offer. The outtakes and deleted scenes are so funny. I love these guys.
And yes, although Raineesha is my homegirl, I now have a fat crush on Dangle. Awwww yeeeaah.








0 comments: