2/5/07

Tava

I once met a guy in a hot tub. A rather big man, with a beard, and oxygen tank in tow. After a pleasant greeting, "Hi","Hello." He came at me with the question, "Tell me your favorite movie line."
And I was stunned! ME, who quotes movies all day long with or without an audience, had no answer!
This hefty man on the other hand was lettin' 'em rip! I soon warmed up and started in as well. With little hesitation he knew exactly what film I was talking about, and had a great rebuttal to that line with another line from a different picture. I don't think we ever got around to each others names, but I knew all I needed to know about him.

I love movies. By any name, films, motion pictures, talkies (for you old folks), flicks I love 'em!
Second to movies is talking about movies. Like any art piece, movies are up for interpretation by anyone who sees them. I enjoy the fact that two people can walk out of the same movie, and have two completely different thoughts about what they just saw.

This blog (I really don't like that word, but what are you gonna do?) is to simply share what I saw.
I see lots of movies. On a good day I can knock out 4, but usually it's 2. I have a very active Netflix account, and have made a personal goal to get the actual theater once a week. I also have shelves full of movies that I watch through out the year. I have movies categorized by season, so from time to time I'll recommend one of my seasonal favorites. My rating system is the quintessential 5 stars. It's simple, but I'm used to it. So for anyone looking for "5 hats", or "4 kittens" I apologize.

While I am reviewing movies, I want you to know that I in no way feel that my opinion is the end all be all.
No one has any real authority on art. I would just like to share what I saw. Comments are welcome, as are movie recommendations. I just love to talk about movies! At the top of each of my reviews will be a quote from the movie. In case you have a movie dialogue duel with a large man in a hot tub. Tell him I said hi will ya?

Shhh...The movie's starting...
tav.

1 comments:

gino said...

FIRST~!