2/20/08

Sublime

"Welcome to Outback Steakhouse."

2 Stars


I really don't see the point.
This movies goes round and round and there's no real pay off. I'm all good with the un-fairytale endings, I dig 'em! But this was just, well retarded. It reminded me of those pointless jokes that keep going and going only to have the punchline be simple and obvious and not funny. "Hey clown! Fuck you!" I'll tell you that one later. Just like this movie, it sucks.

Dude goes into the hospital for this first colonoscopy.
Soon one weird thing after another starts happening. They switched his chart and he got someone else's surgery. There's some mysterious wing of the hospital that is doing raw and dirty surgeries to people. He gets his leg amputated, bangs a nurse, witnesses a murder, wheels in on his wife banging his doctor, and some dude named Mandingo cuts off his fingers and toes!! On top of all this wackiness there's a shrieking eagle throughout the whole movie, and it doesn't tie into anything. Like I was watching The Falconer sketch on SNL.

With all of this going on could you believe it felt like absolutely nothing was happening? I was watching this with some friends. Freaky said "I feel like I'm just waiting for something to happen already."
I'm sure this would make for a better TV movie on the SciFi channel.
This movie was a recommendation as well. And I was feeling so bad while watching it. Sorry V.
But hey, it's not like she made it, right?

0 comments: