1/2/08

Pirates of the Caribbean : At Worlds End

"You give an agreeable macabre to any delirium."

4 Stars


First of all, are you sure this movie is for kids? Geeze, the first thing you watch is a massive hanging of people, including a kid!
I tend to have a hard time watching Johnny Depp doing his shtick in each of these movies. If I don't just relax and just watch it, I feel embarrassed for him at times. Is that just me? I guess he's the only kid friendly element. Well, there is that funny monkey though...

One thing is for sure. If it's a Disney movie, it's going to be quality.
They know how to put on a show. I see the Disney logo, and I know I'm in good hands. The special effects are flawless. I really liked the score too! It kept the pulse of an epic adventure and blended Asian influence smoothly. The costumes are beautiful!
Details, details, details. The one in particular I just loved was Keira's Asian inspired captain's costume.
I'm telling you, man... Disney.

This cast is great! I love Jeffery Rush in this role. That man can deliver a line, and has perfect comedic timing. I have a love/hate thing with Orlando Bloom. I liked him in this one, probably because I'm a sucker for proposals, and this had to be by far, the best proposal/wedding scene ever!
Keira Knightley. The whole time I can't stop thinking that she is so Mr. Depp's type of girl, and I'm positive he flirts with her constantly on set. He is a Gemini after all.
I'm always looking for it on screen.
And I was really excited to see Chow Yun-Fat, another fine actor. I would love to see more Asian actors of his caliber. Or just more Asian actors for that matter.

It took me a while to get the plot down. I just figured it would all explain it's self through the course of the film, which it did. It was good fun, just like the last two.
A quality, quality series. The ships, the lore, the bad teeth (love the teeth), and the action make for yet another Disney classic.

0 comments: